1. 80% of all votes
2. There is no
federal agency with regulatory authority or oversight of the
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers.
4. The chairman and
CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign organizer and donor who wrote in 2003
that he was “committed to helping
5. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be chairman of ES&S. He became Senator in a surprise upset, with votes counted by ES&S machines. http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/columns/2004/03/03_200.html
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, long-connected with the Bush family, was recently caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics Committee. http://www.blackboxvoting.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=26
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush’s vice-presidential candidates.
8. Kenneth Blackwell
co-chaired George Bush’s
9. Diebold’s new touch screen voting machines have no paper trail of any votes. In other words, there is no way to verify that the data coming out of the machine is the same as what was legitimately put in by voters.
10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket machines, all of which log each transaction and can generate a paper trail.
11. Exit polls are usually excellent predictors of election results. Reputable analyses could not find and explanation of the discrepancy between exit polls and results of the 2004 presidential election.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/23/international/europe/23ukraine.html?ex=1102245800&ei=1&en=3a3c24b7e64fe49 (You have to register the first time.)
12. A Diebold subsidiary employed 5 convicted felons as senior managers and developers. These people helped write the central compiler computer code that counted 50% of the votes in 30 states.
13. Jeff Dean, senior programmer on Diebold’s central compiler code, was convicted of 23 counts of felony theft in the first degree.
14. Jeff Dean was served jail time for planting back doors in his client’s accounting software and using a “high degree of sophistication” to evade detection over a period of 2 years.
15. None of the
international election observers were allowed in the polls in
See the movie here with the chimp:
17. All—not some—but
all the voting machine errors detected and reported in
18. Serious voting
Based on a list compiled by Angry Girl http://nightweed.com/usavotefacts.html
Were American’s votes were deliberately miscounted?
If this was done, it means, quite literally, that we are no longer living in a democracy.
When I read the list a few days ago, some of the allegations just seemed too preposterous to believe. Like:
“Jeff Dean, senior programmer on Diebold’s central compiler code...served jail time for planting back doors in his client’s accounting software and using a ‘high degree of sophistication’ to evade detection over a period of 2 years.”
I tracked down the author of the list, who graciously responded with a list of references for each allegation. I checked out this Jeff Dean thing in particular. It didn’t take long to get to this:
According to the findings of fact in case no. 89-1-04034-1 (Washington State): “...Defendant’s thefts occurred over a 2 ˝ year period of time, there were multiple incidents, more than the standard range can account for, the actual monetary loss was substantially greater than typical for the offense, the crimes and their cover-up involved a high degree of sophistication and planning in the use and alteration of records in the computerized accounting system that defendant maintained for the victim, and the defendant used his position of trust and fiduciary responsibility as a computer systems and accounting consultant for the victim to facilitate the commission of the offenses.”
Another one of the references led to a detailed account of the double database technique pioneered by Mr. Dean to enable electronically tabulated votes give a false total while still presenting accurate details in case of spot audits.
In combination with the constellation of undisputed circumstantial evidence and open conflicts of interest, these last details are just too damning to ignore.
A cloud over the validity of the American electoral process is not acceptable.
Please join me in calling for:
1) A full investigation of election irregularities
2) Measures to ensure that ballots cannot easily be miscounted, and can be recounted
1) Forward this list to everyone you know
2) Use it as grist for letters to the editor (in your own words) and requests to newspapers, radio and TV for election fraud investigation... http://www.democraticunderground.com/cu/cu.php?az=blaster
3) Write your congressional representatives calling for an investigation http://www.house.gov/writerep/
Meredith Wheeler <firstname.lastname@example.org>